By Staff Reports
MAD Event Management LLC— experienced hosts of diverse and inclusive pop culture conventions — is thrilled to announce the epic programming line-up of its annual comics-first show, LongBeachComicCon(#LBCC2019)! Jam-packed with panels and activities, LBCC 2019 is the #1 pop culture event where fans in the beautiful Greater Los Angeles area can celebrate all there is to love about the comicbook and entertainment industries! Celebrating the show’s 11th year, LBCC 2019 assembles at the LongBeachConvention Center from August 31 to September 1. Tickets are still available for purchase!
Serving as LBCC 2019’s Guest of Honor is multiple award-winning comicand screenwriter Shea Fontana (DC Super Hero Girls, Finals Crisis, Dorothy and the Wizard of OZ), who will be part of panels discussing her eight-book run on the DC Super Hero Girlsgraphic novel series alongside series artists Yancey Labat and Monica Kubina.
Additional special guests include comicwriter and artist Gabriel Hardman (Invisible Republic, Green Lantern: Earth One), animation designer and director David Bullock (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Justice League: The New Frontier, Spectacular Spider-Man), comicbook writer Mark Waid (The Flash, Captain America, History of the Marvel Universe), comicbook artist Scott Kolins (The Avengers, Justice League), writer/artist Matt Wagner (Grendel, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight), and more to be announced! The full list of confirmed special guests is available here: http://longbeachcomiccon.com/
LBCC2019 festivities will include:
- Mark Waid: 50 in 50:From History of the Marvel Universe to Kingdom Come, if writer Mark Waid doesn’t know it all, it’s not for lack of trying. Probe the mind of one of comics’ most prolific masters about anything — comics history, how to break in, how to break out, where the bodies are buried — as he tries to answer fifty questions in fifty minutes!
- Enter: The Latina Superhero:The need for positive Latina representation has been heard. Join a stellar lineup of creators who have answered the call by giving an authentic voice to Latina superheroes. Panelists include Alvaro Rodriguez, creator of Netflix’s new animated series Seis Manos, Kayden Phoenix,Creator, Jalisco & Santa, and Amanda Julina Gonzalez, Illustrator, Jalisco & Santa, and Barbra Dillon, Editor-In-Chief of Fanbase Press (Quince).
- The Voices of Invader Zim: Enter the Florpus:Three of your favorite voice actors from the new Netflix movie, Invader Zim: Enter the Florpus, take to the LBCC stage! Join Richard Horvitz(Zim), Rikki Simons(GIR and Bloaty), and Melissa Fahn(Gaz Membrane) as they tell stories and answer questions. Moderated by animation and voiceover expert Jeromy DeChant.
- GeekFest’s Women in Entertainment – Breaking the Wheel in Genre Film/TV:An informative and educational panel from women currently working in the Genre TV/Film industry on Godzilla, Kong, Pacific Rim, DC’S Legends of Tomorrow, DC’S Stargirl, Z-Nation,and Black Lightning. The panelists will offer insight on experiences in working on genre film/TV projects and for those who want to create content as a writer, director, and artists in this arena.
- Howard Chaykin and Robert Crais – Super-Buddies:Bestselling novelist Robert Crais(the Joe Pike and Elvis Cole series) and legendary comics creator Howard Chaykin(AMERICAN FLAGG!)have a freewheeling conversation about their work, their fandom, and the importance of buddies and sidekicks in novels and comicbooks alike. Moderated by crime and comics writer Gary Phillips(ANGELTOWN).
- Space Expo Presents – Sound in Space:Dive into the world of space lasers, high-speed asteroid chases, and exploding stars…as we investigate the many uses of sound throughout sci-fi films as NASA works towards capturing real sounds on the surface of Mars with the forthcoming ‘MARS 2020’ rover. LA-based record producer, orchestral composer, touring multi-instrumentalist, and self-described “extraterrestrial audio engineer” Jason Achilleswill take you there as he shares his unlikely musical journey which led to a consulting position with NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory on their next groundbreaking mission to the Red Planet.
The complete LBCC 2019 programming guide is available here: https://
“It’s the 11th edition of LongBeachComicCon, and it continues to be a privilege to host an event for the comicbook and pop culture fan communities in the amazing city of Los Angeles,” said Martha Donato, President of MAD Event Management. “We pride ourselves on LBCC being a show that champions diversity in the entertainment industry — from our incredible special guests to the types of inclusive panels we offer, and each year gives us a chance to show fans of all ages, creeds, and backgrounds that they’re welcome.”
LBCC 2019 reaffirms its commitment to representing the best that the comicbook and entertainment industries have to offer by housing some of the amazing talent — from writers, artists, illustrators, publishers, cosplayers, and screen stars — behind beloved comicbooks, TV shows, and films. Fans can take part in more than 100 panels, including those presented by the STEM educational Space Expo and the out-of-this-world GeekFest film festival! This year’s show will be home to programming that puts a spotlight on diversity within the comicbook and entertainment industries, representing female, minority, and LGBTQIA+ creatives as well as military veterans who are furthering their fields.
Follow LongBeachComicConon Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for more details on upcoming limited VIP packages, photo ops and more announcements about new guests and programming. Kids 10 and under get in FREE!