Bluefin Heads to San Diego With Massive Showcase of Collectibles and Events for Comic-Con Attendees
By Staff Reports
Fans and collectors are experiencing a whole new level of Comic-Con FOMO with today’s news that BANDAI NAMCO Collectibles (Bluefin) will present its largest-ever exhibition in San Diego.
For the first time ever at Comic-Con, Bluefin will showcase its entire brand portfolio across a trio of booths totaling 8,000 square feet of exhibit space and offering Comic-Con attendees a one-of-kind experience from Bluefin. In addition to THE GUNDAM BASE SAN DIEGO POP-UP announced last week, Bluefin’s exhibition will also include not only Tamashii Nations, Storm Collectibles, Sentinel Toys and Flame Toys but also BANDAI Shokugan, Blitzway and Nanoblock as well as the Comic-Con debuts of both Studio Ghibli and MegaHouse. On top of its highly-anticipated event exclusive collectibles, attendees can also look forward to special product displays, life-size statues, contests, workshops and exclusive photo ops throughout Bluefin’s three booths – Main Booth (Booth #2218), Tamashii Nations (Booth #1818) and THE GUNDAM BASE SAN DIEGO POP-UP (Booth #1805). Bluefin will welcome guests daily during regular show hours throughout Comic-Con Special Edition 2021 from November 26-28.
And, as previously announced, Bluefin and Team Kamen Rider have partnered with Shout Factory’s TokuSHOUTsu to present a Kamen Rider 50th Anniversary Panel and Premiere Screening Event at Comic-Con Special Edition 2021 on Saturday, November 27. Highlights and details on the Kamen Rider program and Bluefin’s Comic-Con Special Edition 2021 Exhibition are listed below.
KAMEN RIDER 5OTH ANNIVERSARY PANEL AND PREMIERE SCREENING
- Kamen Rider 50th Anniversary and Beyond Panel Presented by Team Kamen Rider and TokuSHOUTsu
Saturday, November 27 | 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm | Room: 5AB
David Clarke and A.J. Velasco (Team Kamen Rider) and Ari Schonfeld (TokuSHOUTsu) together with moderator David Edmundson (Bluefin) will discuss upcoming Kamen Rider toy releases and share information of upcoming subbed “Kamen Rider Zero-One” live-action series
- “Kamen Rider Zero-One: REALxTIME” Movie Screening Presented by Team Kamen Rider and TokuSHOUTsu
Saturday, November 27 | 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm | Room: 5AB
Enjoy the U.S. Premiere screening of “Kamen Rider Zero-One: REALxTIME” immediately following the Kamen Rider 50th Anniversary and Beyond Panel.
In addition to the Kamen Rider 50th Anniversary Panel and Premiere Screening, the following provides exhibit highlights for each of Bluefin’s brand lines.
TAMASHII NATIONS (Booth #1818)
- Demon Slayer Booth recreates the look of a beautiful Japanese-style building filled with an eye-catching selection of Demon Slayer collectibles available to fans from Tamashii Nations’ FiguartsZERO, Figuarts mini and Proplica lines as well as a display of prototypes from future releases.
- Macross Display is a special Macross exhibition of DX Chogokin, Bandai’s line of Variable Fighter toys.
- One Piece FiguartsZERO Display presents a striking collection of Monkey D. Luffy, Roronoa Zoro and Nami prototypes – the Top 3 characters in the “World Top 100” One Piece Character World Popularity Vote. All three figure designs are based on “DAIKAIZOKU HYAKKEI“ – creator Eiichiro Oda’s WT100 commemorative illustration.
SENTINEL TOYS (Booth #2218)
- Life-size Captain America Statue based on Sentinel’s Fighting Armor Captain America figure.
FLAME TOYS (Booth #2218)
- G1 Nemesis Prime Event Exclusive Figure available in limited quantities for $40.00.
- Power Rangers Figure Display showcases prototypes from Flame Toys’ new Power Rangers collection including both Furai Model Power Ranger kits and the Kuro Kara Kuri Dino Megazord diecast figure.
- Model Workshop provides attendees the opportunity to build a free Flame Toys Furai Model kit.
MEGAHOUSE (Booth #2218)
- MegaHouse’s Comic-Con Debut.
- Othello Tournament offers attendees the chance to play MegaHouse’s Othello board game for a chance to win prizes.
NANOBLOCK (Booth #2218)
- PAC-MAN Collector’s Set Translucent Limited Version Event Exclusive brick set available for $36.00.
- Brick Builder Workshop offers attendees the opportunity to build a free Poké Ball brick set.
- Giant PAC-MAN Guessing Game offers attendees a chance to guess the total number of bricks used for a chance to win prizes like an extremely-limited PAC-MAN 40th Anniversary Edition Xbox Console, an Arcade1Up PAC-MAN Arcade Cabinet and Nanoblock Prize Pack.
- Pokémon and Giant Pikachu Display brings the world of Pokémon to life – reimagined as cute Nanoblock figures.
STUDIO GHIBLI (Booth #2218)
- Studio Ghibli’s Comic-Con Debut
- Giant Totoro Bus Stop Display offers an exclusive opportunity to take a photo with this iconic display that until now could only be experienced at the Studio Ghibli stores in Japan. Share your Totoro photos on social media and tag @WorldofGhibliUS for a chance to win a Studio Ghibli Prize Pack.
- No Face Mask Giveaway provides all attendees a free No Face mask in celebration of the 20th Anniversary of “Spirited Away.”
- Special Selection of Studio Ghibli Merchandise will be available for purchase.
- Free “Spirited Away” 20th Anniversary Canvas Bag with purchase while supplies last.
STORM COLLECTIBLES (Booth #2218)
- Event Exclusive Figures available in limited quantities for purchase include:
- Street Fighter IV – Evil Ryu;
- Mortal Kombat – Kung Lao;
- Golden Axe – Death Bringer;
- Golden Axe – Skeleton Soldiers 2-Pack; and
- Darkstalkers – Demitri Maximoff
- World First New Product Reveals and First Ever Displays in North America from titles including:
- Mortal Kombat;
- Street Fighter;
- Tekken; and
- Kengan Ashura
BLITZWAY (Booth #2218)
- World First Displays of New Products from:
- Deus Ex Machina – Nike;
- Inuyasha; and
BANDAI SHOKUGAN (Booth #2218)
- Special Selection of Shokugan Limited Release Collectibles will be available purchase from its Adverge Motion, Twinkle Dolly and Tomodachi Doll lines for these fan-favorite IPS:
- Demon Slayer;
- Jujutsu Kaisen;
- Animal Crossing; and
- G Frame Workshop (Take and Try) Build your own Gundam G Frame kit and it’s yours to keep!
Follow Bluefin on Twitter and Facebook for all its latest Comic-Con news and information.
Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/bluefinbrands. Follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/bluefinbrands as well as on Instagram at instagram.com/bluefinbrands and on YouTube at youtube.com/bluefinbrands.