Call of Cthulhu Unveils First Gameplay from Within the Grim Hawkins Mansion
By Staff Reports
Call of Cthulhu, the official videogame inspired by Chaosium’s classic pen and paper RPG, is set to unleash madness when the game releases for consoles and PC on October 30. Today, prepare your mind for all-new gameplay, taken from Edward Pierce’s investigations within the Hawkins Mansion.
In Call of Cthulhu, feel the influence of Lovecraftian Old Gods and other cosmic horrors, as you delve into the circumstances behind the tragic deaths of the Hawkins family. Helped and hindered by the mysterious locals of Darkwater Island, your journey cuts the line between sanity and madness as the hunt for truth brings Pierce ever closer to the Great Dreamer.
This gameplay trailer takes place during the early stages of Pierce’s investigation, though the influence of the Great Old Ones is already creeping into effect. To uncover the truth, players must unearth clues, interrogate locals, solve crime scenes, and overcome dangers both physical and mental.
Call of Cthulhu releases for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC on October 30. Digital and retail preorders are available on PC and consoles.
About Call of Cthulhu
Call of Cthulhu, the official video game adaptation of Chaosium’s emblematic pen & paper RPG developed by Cyanide Studios, is a RPG-Investigation title packed with psychological horror and stealth mechanics for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
The Cthulhu Mythos has grown to become one of the largest shared universes ever envisioned, giving birth to countless stories, novels, and even movies ever since the original publication of Lovecraft’s The Call of Cthulhu.
The game will take players to Darkwater Island, a grim, disturbing place and let them control Edward Pierce, a former war veteran and private investigator in 1920s Boston. Pierce has been tasked with investigating the tragic and mysterious death of Sarah Hawkins, an acclaimed artist who had recently moved with her husband and their family to Darkwater Island.
Call of Cthulhu will offer a dark and oppressive ambiance that shall pay tribute to Lovecraft’s work and universe. This seemingly banal investigation might indeed lead you to more sinister forces and darker secrets buried deep within Darkwater Island.
- Investigative RPG set in the Lovecraft Universe, developed with Unreal Engine 4.
- Play as Edward Pierce and shed light on the Sarah Hawkins murder, while facing the horrors of a grim island filled with monstrosities lurking in the dark.
- Doubt your own senses and experience true madness, thanks to the game’s unique sanity and psychosis crisis mechanics. Enhance your character’s abilities and use new skills to discover the truth.
- Recruit and lead a small team of investigators, sending them across the island to solve various cases.
- Experience rich, open exploration, full of deep dialogue with meaningful choices that impact the narrative and relationships with your companions.