LA Comic Con Sets the Convention Standard for Health & Safety in New List of COVID-19 Protocols
By Staff Reports
L.A. Comic Con, L.A.’s biggest comics, gaming, sci-fi, anime and pop culture event, is taking extensive precautions to ensure the health and safety for everyone attending this year’s event, which is set for December 3–5 at the Los Angeles Convention Center. L.A. Comic Con 2021 signals a resurgence of in-person events, leading the way as the first full-scale Southern California convention of its kind to bring fans back since October 2019.
According to the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, “All attendees at Indoor Mega Events (1,000+) must continue to show proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or a pre-entry (diagnostic) test result prior to entry. Children under age 2 are exempt. Attestation is no longer sufficient to prove vaccination or test status.”
“L.A. Comic Con is committed to providing a safe environment for this year’s event as we welcome fans back to the LAConvention Center with more space and content than ever,” said Chris DeMoulin, CEO of Comikaze Entertainment, L.A. Comic Con’s parent company. “We’re excited to see everyone in person and given all we’ve been through the past 18 months we want to ensure that fans, staff, and our celebrity guests feel comfortable and welcome as we embrace the latest public health policies and guidelines to keep everyone safe.”
For this year’s convention, here are a few extra measures that will be taken to ensure the health and safety of everyone attending are considered:
- There will be three entrances — one in the South Hall and two in the West Hall — employing over 20 magnetometers to spread out and speed up COVID-19 and safety checks
- All fans and guests will pass through two checkpoints: a COVID vaccination/negative test verification station and then security. Free PCR tests (results available in 15 minutes) will be available for those lacking vaccine verification
- All convention goers will be required to wear face coverings while attending the event
- All cleaning standards from LA County and Centers for Disease Control (CDC) will be followed before, in between and after all sessions
- Extra space: With well over 1.2 million-square feet of exhibition space (double the space from 2019), fans will have plenty of room to spread out and maintain safe distances
Knowing that not all fans are yet comfortable attending live events in person, L.A. Comic Con 2021 will offer virtual, streaming, and online shopping content for fans who are unable, or prefer not, to attend the in-person event. See www.comicconla.com for more information on digital tickets.
Tickets for L.A. Comic Con are still on sale!