Liam Neeson's Clash of Clans is Most Popular Super Bowl Ad on YouTube
By Staff Reports
The Super Bowl may be over, but the Super Bowl ad game continues to heat up in what has become the biggest year ever for Big Game ads on YouTube. The YouTube blog post with updated stats from this week is here, with a few highlights below.
Super Bowl ads and teasers have been watched more in 2015 so far than during all of 2014
- More than 7M hours of big game ads and teasers have been watched so far, up from 6.3M hours for all of 2014.
- Mobile viewership continues to grow, with 40% of views coming from mobile devices in 2015, up 1.6x from the same period in 2014
- Fans around the world continue to come to YouTube to watch the big game ads ads and teasers, with 32% of watchtime from outside the U.S.
Clash of Clans has “taken” the surprise lead among the top trending videos
- Released on game day, the Clash of Clans ad featuring Liam Neeson has gained more than 20M views this week alone, becoming the first ad to reach 30M views this year.
- Nissan, Fiat and McDonalds also made big moves this week to make onto the top ten trending view list
Top trending Super Bowl ads on YouTube (based on views as of 10:00 am ET, 2/6)
- Clash of Clans: Revenge (Official TV Commercial)
- Budweiser: 2015 Budweiser Super Bowl Commercial “Lost Dog” | Budweiser #BestBuds
- Bud Light: Bud Light Super Bowl 2015 Commercial – Real Life PacMan #UpForWhatever
- T-Mobile: #KimsDataStash | T-Mobile Commercial
- BMW: BMW i3 – “Newfangled Idea”
- Nissan – Nissan 2015 Super Bowl Commercial | “With Dad”
- Snickers: SNICKERS® – “The Brady Bunch”
- Mercedes-Benz: Mercedes-Benz “Fable” Commercial :60
- Fiat – Official 2015 FIAT 500x Super Bowl Commercial | The FIAT Blue Pill | #500X
- McDonald’s – McDonald’s: Super Bowl XLIX Pay With Lovin’
2 thoughts on “Liam Neeson's Clash of Clans is Most Popular Super Bowl Ad on YouTube”
I guess its no surprise to me that he won. His commercial wasn’t around the net before the big game like most other commercials were. Even the Lost Dog commercial was on the weekend before the superbowl and that dang Pac Man commercial I can’t get away from for the past month. Some videos it plays twice as a commercial for youtube.
Awesome commercial, for sure. Thanks for replying!