Playmates Toys Reveals Official Action Figures for Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon Movies and Point Grey Productions’ Highly Anticipated Film “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem”
By Staff Reports
(Photo: Nickelodeon/Playmates Toys)
One of the biggest action figure phenomena of all-time returns this summer with a new look and new attitude for the new millennium. Following the world premiere of a teaser preview for “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem,” Playmates Toys today revealed a sampling of its Ninja Turtles action figures, vehicles, and role play toys based on the late summer 2023 film.
Playmates Toys has the ultimate line of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles action figures, vehicles, and iconic role play weapons based on the upcoming film. Toys will be available for purchase in stores and online on June 25.
In Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem, after years of being sheltered from the human world, the Turtle brothers set out to win the hearts of New Yorkers and be accepted as normal teenagers through heroic acts. Their new friend April O’Neil helps them take on a mysterious crime syndicate, but they soon get in over their heads when an army of mutants is unleashed upon them.
The Playmates Ninja Turtles action figure lineup is inspired by Seth Rogen’s movie vision and iconic Turtles elements and stylings. The new line vividly captures the shades and shapes of the Mutant Mayhem heroes depicted in the film.
New toys from Playmates based on the film and available this summer include:
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem Action Figure Assortment, each standing between 4 and 5 inches tall, featuring fully articulated, poseable heroes and villains with their iconic weapons and accessories.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem Deluxe Ninja Shouts Action Figures, 5-1/2-inch-tall versions of our heroes with spring-loaded arms and legs and featuring electronic phrases voiced by the movie talent (“Cowabunga!”) with a special word stretching feature that accentuates the battle cries and battle sound effects.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem Giant Figures, 12-inch versions of our heroes, fully articulated, poseable, and each comes with their iconic weapons.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem Pizza Fire Van, authentically detailed and decorated as seen in the movie fits all four Turtles and Splinter inside and electronically fires up to 8 pizza pies with its built-in pizza launcher, taking out all the baddies!
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem Sewer Lair Playset, the home of the Turtles that stands 24 inches tall with multiple levels of play and doors, and includes more than 20 action-packed, fun features.
The Playmates Toys movie lineup also includes additional role play toys, vehicles, and accessories.
Turtles Fever is running as high as ever, proven by this winter’s successful re-release of Playmates Toys’ classic Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles toys, including the original “Heroes in a Half Shell” action figures, Pizza Tossin’ Turtles, Giant-size Turtles, and the all-new Ninja Elite, 6-inch figure series. The highly anticipated motion picture from Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon Films and Point Grey Productions, will premiere globally in theaters on August 4, 2023.
About Playmates Toys
With a history of more than 50 years, Playmates Toys is among the most well-respected and innovative marketing and distribution companies in the global toy industry, with a proven record of creating imaginative products and developing and managing profitable, long-term brand franchises. Key brands include Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Star Trek, Miraculous Ladybug, Spy Ninjas, MonsterVerse, and more. From its offices in Hong Kong and California, Playmates designs, develops, markets, and distributes its products in over 80 countries worldwide. For more information, visit playmatestoys.com.
About Paramount Consumer Products
Paramount Consumer Products oversees all licensing and merchandising for Paramount (Nasdaq: PARA, PARAA), a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, Paramount Consumer Products’ portfolio includes a diverse slate of brands and content from BET, CBS (including CBS Television Studios and CBS Television Distribution), Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures, and Showtime. With properties spanning animation, live-action, preschool, youth, and adult, Paramount Consumer Products is committed to creating the highest quality product for some of the world’s most beloved, iconic franchises. Additionally, Paramount Consumer Products oversees the online direct-to-consumer business for CBS and Showtime programming merchandise, as well as standalone branded e-commerce websites for Star Trek, SpongeBob, South Park, and MTV.