A Collaboration 65 Million Years in the Making…the Reebok x Jurassic Park Full-Family Footwear & Apparel Collection is Revealed
By Staff Reports
After teasing the news last month, Reebok in partnership with Universal Brand Development, officially unveils the Reebok x Jurassic Park full-family footwear and apparel collection. The first-ever product line celebrates the legendary history of Jurassic Park and reimagines some of Reebok’s most well-known sneakers through the lens of Universal Pictures and Amblin Entertainment’s iconic 1993 film.
In addition to revealing the full collection, Reebok and Universal released a parody news report to give a more detailed look at the Reebok x Jurassic Park collaboration. The report was a breaking news segment announcing a “partnership” between Reebok and InGen, the fictional bioengineering corporation responsible for recreating dinosaurs in the original Jurassic Park film, and how the two spliced sneaker and dinosaur DNA to create a collaboration some 65 million years in the making.
Each footwear model in the Reebok x Jurassic Park collection pays homage to key characters and props from the original film. All silhouettes are thoughtfully constructed with intricate details incorporated from the outsoles to the sockliners for fans of the franchise. Highlights of the line include:
- Instapump Fury OG ($200, GW0212) – Inspired by the iconic Jurassic Park guest vehicles, this Instapump Fury features a leather collar lining mimicking the SUVs seats and battle damage graphics on the sole and sides. The shoe is finished off with the official mark of Jurassic Park on the legendary pump ball. Available in adult and infant sizing.
- Club C 85 ($110, GW0213) – The notorious Dennis Nedry makes his mark on the classic Club C from the floral print heel, reminiscent of the first shirt he wears in the film, to the zebra striped pony hair heel cap, which mimics the screensaver on Nedry’s computer. The shoe also features a bright yellow tongue in a rubber raincoat material in remembrance of Nedry’s failed attempt to escape from the island with the stolen dinosaur embryos.
- Club C 85 ($100, GZ6322) – This Club C is inspired by Dr. Alan Grant in sneaker form with a tan suede upper, bandana collar lining and a denim-colored outsole. While both sockliners match the denim outsole, the right sockliner also features a Velociraptor claw graphic. Available in adult, grade school, preschool and toddler/infant sizing.
- Classic Leather ($120, GY0570) – Inspired by Dr. Ian Malcolm’s fascination of chaos theory, this Classic Leather is part simplicity, part utter chaos. The chaotic lateral side of the shoe celebrates Ian Malcolm’s fashion sense and flashy lifestyle with a range of textures and patterns from floral to sabretooth tiger. The more simplistic medial side features the Jurassic Park logo and a brooch jewel detail nodding to the necklace Dr. Malcolm wears throughout the movie.
- Zig Devil Kinetica ($140, GY8275) – The contemporary sport-style Zig Kinetica II is redesigned to resemble the park staff’s SUVs. The tongue incorporates leather webbing with details nodding to the vehicle’s rearview mirror and the famed electric fence, as well as a speckled midsole inspired by the high-speed chases through mud.
- Club C Legacy ($100, GY0856) – This Club C Legacy pays homage to playful and informative Mr. DNA, the cartoon character that explains the process of recreating dinosaur DNA. The clear TPU outsole reveals a Mr. DNA strand logo on the bottom of the left shoe and a mosquito graphic on the right shoe. The Club C Legacy is finished with a cracked egg collar and bubbled heel.
- Jurassic Stomper ($200, GX5412) – Featuring a tough leather and neoprene upper, the Jurassic Stomper is strong enough to hold up to anything InGen workers encounter in the field. The shoe, inspired by the uniforms of the infield InGen staff, includes multiple patches which can be changed out depending upon your division within the morally questionable organization.
- Pump Omni Zone II ($200, GY0549) – After combining dinosaur and sneaker DNA, Reebok was able to create a shoe some 65 million years in the making: the Pump Omni Zone II. Inspired by the carnivorous Dilophosaurus, this style-forward shoe features dinosaur graphics on the upper and a nubuck base material with hints of skived leather.
In addition to the adult-sized footwear, the line also features an additional Classic Leather and Zig Dynamica in grade school, preschool and infant sizing, as well as a full range of complementary adult’s apparel in unisex sizing. Highlights of the apparel collection include a Mr. DNA hoodie, utility vest to match the Jurassic Stomper and a variety of Reebok x Jurassic Park-themed t-shirts.
Rounding out the collection is an assortment of elevated footwear packaging. A portion of the boxes will resemble original Jurassic Park toy packaging from 1993, while others will draw on themes from the film including Nedry’s infamous fake shaving cream can, the cages and padlocks used in the park to keep dinosaurs contained, and even Mr. DNA.
The Reebok x Jurassic Park footwear and apparel collection is available on reebok.com/jurassic_park_collection in unisex sizing beginning July 30. The Dennis Nedry Club C 85 and navy t-shirt will be available exclusively for Reebok UNLOCKED members.