HBO Receives 22 Primetime Emmy Awards, The Most of Any Network This Year- Game of Thrones Claims 12
Game of Thrones Battled to 12 Emmy Awards
By Staff Reports
HBO received 22 Primetime Emmy® Awards, the most of any network for the 15th year in a row, in the 68th Annual Primetime Emmy® Awards competition. “Game of Thrones” led all programming with 12 Emmys®.
HBO’s Emmy® wins this year include:
- 12 Emmys® for “Game of Thrones,” including Outstanding Drama Series; Outstanding Directing for a Drama Series (Miguel Sapochnik); Outstanding Writing for a Drama Series (David Benioff and D.B. Weiss); Outstanding Production Design for a Narrative Contemporary or Fantasy Program (One Hour or More); Outstanding Casting for a Drama Series; Outstanding Costumes for a Period/Fantasy Series, Limited Series or Movie; Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing for a Drama Series; Outstanding Makeup for a Single-Camera Series (Non-Prosthetic); Outstanding Prosthetic Makeup for a Series, Limited Series, Movie or Special; Outstanding Sound Mixing for a Comedy or Drama Series (One Hour); Outstanding Special Visual Effects; and Outstanding Stunt Coordination for a Drama Series, Limited Series or Movie.
- 3 Emmys® for “Last Week Tonight with John Oliver,” including Outstanding Variety Talk Series; Outstanding Writing for a Variety Series; and Outstanding Picture Editing for Variety Programming.
- 3 Emmys® for “Veep,” including Outstanding Comedy Series; Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series (Julia Louis-Dreyfus); and Outstanding Casting for a Comedy Series.
- 1 Emmy® for “Girls”: Outstanding Guest Actor in a Comedy Series (Peter Scolari).
- 1 Emmy® for “Jim: The James Foley Story”: Exceptional Merit in Documentary Filmmaking.
- 1 Emmy® for “Project Greenlight”: Outstanding Picture Editing for an Unstructured Reality Program.
- 1 Emmy® for “VICE: Fighting ISIS”: Outstanding Sound Mixing for a Nonfiction Program (Single or Multi-Camera).
Catch up with HBO’s Emmy®-winning programming on HBO NOW, HBO GO, HBO On Demand and affiliate portals.